Freitag & Martoglio
(812) 676-6030

Resources for Individuals & Businesses

Elder Law, Estate Planning, Business & Corporate

Indiana Benefit Corporations: Filing Your Benefit Report

Indiana benefit corporations are required to file an annual benefit report with the Indiana Secretary of State. Ind. Code §23-1.3-10-6(a). The benefit report filed with the Indiana Secretary of State should be the same as the report delivered to the corporation’s shareholders, except that it is not required to contain the compensation information paid to the corporation’s directors, or other proprietary information. Id.

As of the date of this post, no information exists on the Indiana Secretary of State’s InBiz website about how to file a benefit corporation’s benefit report. Based on this author’s receipt of information from the Indiana Secretary of State in March 2019, benefit reports should be filed by mail to: Business Corporations Division, Secretary of State, 302 West Washington Street, Room E018, Indianapolis, Indiana, 46204. The mailing should include a cover letter stating that it is an annual benefit report of the corporation and a filing fee of $15.00 should be enclosed.

It is always wise to call the Business Services Division directly at (317) 234-9768 to verify its current policies, addresses, and filing fees.

Please note that the above information could be changed by the Indiana Secretary of State and that it is only being provided here as a convenience to readers. We assume no liability or responsibility for the continued accuracy of the above information.